Saturday, November 5, 2016

Happy Halloween!!!!!!

I love halloween.

and in the spirit of Halloween........... Freeport is actually haunted. I guess there was a big accident with a passenger train that crashed here and now everyone tells us how their house is haunted. Its supposed to be one of the most haunted places in the country. We ate dinner yesterday with the Reids and I guess our ward mission leaders grandma haunts their house. But Sister Reid goes around and tells local ghost stories. She writes too! I guess she is pretty well known and so If you ever see a ghost story by Terri Reid its probably Amazing. I love the Reids. Our ward building is haunted too though. Some sisters that used to serve her told some pretty freaky stories. 

We had a pretty good week! We had a lot of meetings this week. New Missionary Training and District Meeting in addition to Exchanges on Thursday so it was a little different, but good. I went On Exchanges with sister Diaz who is from Kearns. She is so cool. I learned so much from her!! She serves in Elgin though so it was a little strange to be back in the city.

The highlight of my week was our lesson with Megan and Steve. They are the couple with the autistic girl who I met tracting my first week here. We taught them the plan of Salvation and then Committed them to baptism. They Committed to work to be baptized on December 3rd!! I am super excited and I know they have been prepared and that this gospel will bless their lives. They have a lot of progress to make before December but All things are possible through Christ!!!

Another cool thing that happened this week actually just happened today!! We stopped at this super cute farmers market to buy some produce and we started talking to this man named Joe who runs the place. We talked about how we were from Utah and we were here because we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and such and he said how there were a lot of Mormons in Utah and asked if we ever ran into any and we told him we actually were Mormons and that shocked him a little I think. It was a good conversation but we just walked away and left. Before we got in the car I was like "we should have at least left him a card" so we were going to turn back and give him one but then we are the worst so we still didn't......... we got in the car and started to drive away but then he came and stopped us and asked us if we had any reading material for him. I felt so dumb. Whenever you have a chance to share the gospel JUST DO IT. You won't regret it. It may be a little awkward but that is not what you should be worried about. There is someone that we almost didn't get to contact because we were too afraid it would be weird and it really wouldn't of even been weird at all. Don't let ANYTHING make you think you can't do it. 
But anyway Joe is awesome and we gave him a Book Of Mormon and the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation Pamphlets and he was said "this is great! I will read this tonight! I love reading about Jesus!" It was awesome. He will be out of town for a couple weeks but we will start teaching him soon! Listen to the spirit and never be afraid to open your mouth. This church is true and will bring these people more happiness than you know! They need to hear about it!!

I love this church and i love being a missionary a lot more than I thought I would actually. It's not always easy. Actually most the time it's not easy at all. But it is also so worth it. 
Also Alma 5 is amazing and possibly my favorite chapter in the entire Book of Mormon. If you want something good to study that would be it. I cant even begin to write about all the big amazing things in that chapter.
I love you all and I miss you. I challenge you all to share the gospel with someone who needs it! MEMBERS ARE ESSENTIAL IN MISSIONARY WORK. We can't do it with out you guys.

Love,
Sister Corbett




No comments:

Post a Comment