Monday, November 28, 2016

thanks

This week was thanksgiving. So I have been thinking a lot about gratitude and being thankful. I honestly believe that being thankful is and grateful for what you DO have can change your life. Here are a few things that I was thankful for this week.

NUMERO 1
On tuesday we had a lesson with a less active man and these members came with us and gave us cookies afterward. THESE COOKIES. They were so good. I didn't know how good they would be but I took a bite and just got so happy. They tasted just like Mel's homemade chocolate chip cookies. I bet she used the exact. same. recipe. 

#2 
God just loves me so much and even though I wasn't home for thanksgiving and didn't have the usual food that mom makes he still blessed me with some super delicious food. Sister Madsen got a package and it was super random but her mom sent her sausage and cheese. This may have even been better than the cookies. And we ate it on thanksgiving and I literally cried. It was weird. But God is showing you his love in the smallest simplest ways everyday and I just felt his love for me. We just need to slow down and be thankful.

#3
On a little bit of a more spiritual note I am thankful for the Book of Mormon. There is so much power in this book. It changes lives because it brings the spirit so strongly and will tell you exactly what your next step should be. I love the book of mormon so much. On Saturday we went and read the book of mormon with our investigators Steve and Megan (yes they got back together...). But as we were reading 2Nephi 31 Megan just started to cry. We asked her what was up and she just said it was very touching. It was the coolest thing because she didn't even understand what was being said or what she was reading but she could feel the spirit. Read the book of mormon. just do it. I promise the time you spend reading will make such a huge difference in your attitude and your outlook on life. 

#4
I am grateful to be in such a good ward. Megan and Steve and their autistic daughter came to church yesterday. EVERYONE was so welcoming. This ward truly is a ward FAMILY. Everyone is SO different and a little bit crazy in their own way but they are united through the gospel and welcome anyone into this crazy family that wants to come. It's a small ward and probably half the active members are over 60. But I love them. They should seriously make a movie about the Freeport ward. Everyone is hilarious. (ex:next week we eat with the Jefferey's but not on Sunday because they eat jell-o and popcorn every Sundaybecause they're 80 and they gotta live their life while their young)

#5
I am greatful for the stars. We got out of the car and spent like 5 min just staring and the sky. there is SO MUCH sky here. you can see the horizon everywhere you turn. It was so beautiful though and there were so many stars and shooting stars and the sky was so black. God loves us and we just gotta take time to look around and see all the beautiful things he made for us. Illinois is so beautiful.

So this letter was really long but its to make up for last week. God loves us though. so much. and when you take time to be thankful you feel how much he loves you. So take the time. stop for 5 minutes to think and be thankful. read the book of mormon. Its going to be awesome. i promise. 

-Sister Hannah Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment