Tuesday, October 25, 2016

God Bless

ALMA 26:11-12
11 I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. 
This scripture is SO TRUE. And really describes my week
We had a super busy week with a ton of teaching appointments!!
We taught it to Tony and his friends and they all said they would get baptized if they came to know it was true except for his roommate Ericia who Said she was already baptized when she lived in Michigan about 20 years ago but we are still trying to find her records. They didn't come to church on Sunday like they said they would though, so we will see what was up with that in our lesson this week.
We also got to teach This couple who we found tracting on my second or third day. They said they were looking for a church to go to because the one they were going to before told them not to come back because their daughter who has autism was disruptive sometimes. But we told them they were more than welcome to come! They seem super prepared and I am really exited to go back!
Some of my favorite lessons we had were with some less active members. They already know that it is true!! We just have to help them remember what they are missing out on!!
We had a really busy week though and had a lot of really good lessons. We were blessed. Another good thing that happened was I got to meet our investigator Teriona! She wants to be baptized she just has to get her mom's approval. She and her cousin Sarquasha who is already a member are the sweetest. Unfortunately the only contact we get with Teriona is through one of the members who she stays with sometimes so we don't get to see much of her but she definitely will be baptized one day! Overall we are seeing a lot of success here in Freeport!
I still have no idea how I got so lucky to get called here. And basically I feel really humbled this week because I know that the success we are seeing has almost nothing to do with me. I have been super tired because I've had a cold the past few days. So there were times were I had literally had no energy and my head was hurting so sometimes its just hard to function and I did things like loose the phone. And then when I was looking for the phone I lost the keys. (dont worry after we found the keys we eventually found the phone lying in the street...) And  then I completely lost my voice so I didn't even know if I started talking the people we talked to would even hear me. It took me a while to realize this but the lesson I learned this week is that God will make you an instrument in his hands if you have faith. Its like that story of the old violin where they were auctioning it off and no one wanted to buy it until and old man went up and played beautiful music with it. I really did feel like that old violin this week. But when I had faith and trusted that if I opened my mouth God would help the people hear what they needed to they would things worked out! But with out his help I'm just an old violin that  cant do much. Even though I felt so weak this week, I truly did feel strengthened and we just got to keep on having faith and God can help us do great things!
ALMA 29:9
I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
Super grateful for an amazing trainer who helps me laugh even when I'm sick and tired and make a lot of mistakes. 
God is good! we have hard weeks but recognize tender mercies and you will realize how much God loves you and it will make things muy bien!!!  A great tender mercy for me this week was the sunsets. Illinois skies are gorgeous. especially out here in the country.
Love you All,
Sister Hannah Corbett





No comments:

Post a Comment