Sunday, November 20, 2016

Go Cubs Go

This week has been great. Every week I get more and more glad I am here and more and more glad to be in Illinois and more and more glad to be in Freeport. 

Some of my Favorite things that happened this week:
1. Went to Zone Conference. President Griffin is so inspired and I was so strengthed and just learned so much at this. It was so great!
2. Had some real good companion studies.
3. Gave a Book of Mormon to this man named Robert. His daughter Jayla was outside too and she said she wanted a book too so we gave her a pamphlet and she looked at us and said. "I LOVE this." with the most straight and serious face. It was so adorable. 
4. Ran into our investigator Tarrone at the store today. We didn't get to meet with him this week so it was real good to see him. 
5. Talking with the members after Stake Conference yesterday. They are hilarious. 
6. Finally getting in contact with this less active man named George. We went to go see him and we didn't even really say anything he just started talking and eventually came to the conclusion himself that he needed to come to church. He then committed himself to come to church either this week or next week. (he didn't come yesterday,so hopefully next Sunday) But I guess 5 people in the last week had told him he needed to start coming back to church. He hadn't been to the LDS church since he was a kid and lived in Utah. But Sister Madsen and I were just praying to find those who were prepared and then we see George and he basically tells us himself that he thinks he is being prepared. I hope and pray he follows through and starts coming. He is so cool. 
7. Sister Madsen! the Coolest trainer ever. I am learning a lot from her. she is so great. 

I love and pray for you all! 

-Sister Corbett


No comments:

Post a Comment