Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Blessings on blessings on blessings

Well this week was a bit of a rollar coaster.

We had to drop almost All our investigators. 
Talha and Tina called and told us they didnt want to meet with us for a while.
Jose Luis and his family aren't responding to anything anymore.
Nicole got a new job and says she is too busy.
Quincy is convinced he already knows more than we do and that he should be teaching us and also doesnt think he needs to be baptized.
It was a little frustrating. But hopefully they will come around one day. 

It was still a good week though because on SATURDAY the Freeport Elders called and told me Brian Foster is getting baptized on saturday!!! I dont know if any of you remember back to when we were teaching him and his family but they had been investigating in Texas and then moved to our area. Last i heard he had been dropped but I guess he has had quite a change of heart and will be ready to be baptized. 
Also, the next week Karen Johanssen will be baptized! She is one that I really loved teaching and was a huge blessing. She got in contact with missionaries when she tore her ACL and got a blessing from the missionaries while she was in the hospital. When we went to go contact her I was able to relate and connect so easily with her. It was a big turning point in my mission. 
I dont know if I will be able to find a ride to go back but you never know. The Lord provided one last time.

Life is just really good.

I have read Alma 26 about 5 times this week. 
12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

Missions are hard but when we are trying our best and exercising faith and repenting and doing our very best the lord will bless us with MIRACLES.

1. We also got to see Kim this week. I love her lots!
2."A thorn between two roses." -Sister Williamson
3."No one is ever going to believe that I drew this. I think i will frame it." -Theresa
4. "Now you'll never forget me!" -Josh




No comments:

Post a Comment