Tuesday, August 1, 2017

ELGIN

Well this week has been CRAZY.
My new companion is SORELLA EPPS. Oh my she's the cutest. She is a visa waiter for Italy and she will only be here for a transfer but I am so blessed to have her while she is here. 
We have had quite an experience this week. When we first got to Huntley we had no Area Book, our phone hadnt been turned on yet, no GPS, and absolutely no idea where we were. I had been there a few times on exchanges so I had brief memories of the area but I felt very lost in a very big place. 
But we are figuring things out. We finally have area Book. And that's probably the biggest blessing. I am so grateful for area Book. Missionary work is so hard without it. This week has been a lot of planning and figuring things out and meeting with members to know about the area and things.
Which has been great but sometimes you need to just get out and knock some doors just to keep your sanity. It has been so amazing to see how the lord has blessed us to know where to go and how he takes care of us when we are so lost and confused but willing to do his work.
Some of the biggest blessings this week were when we met this man named Matt! He was one of the nicest guys I ever met and even let me borrow his bug spray. He also lived in Italy for a few years and Sorella Epps was able to talk with him some in Italian. (She's so cool.) We didn't even talk much about the church but I'm pretty sure we all laughed and cried as we were talking. One of the most down to earth people I've ever met. He'll probably get baptized someday.

Another blessing was to see how the lord provides for his missionaries. There was hardly any food in the apartment and we were just running low and the sister training leaders came and saved us. Also sister MADSEN. Is my sister training leader and i just love her. This member also gave us a bag of bagels on Sunday and it wasn't the first time the lord blessed me with a bag of bagels. 

This morning I read the Joseph Smith translation of Mathew 6
25 And, again, I say unto you, Go ye into the world, and care not for the world; for the world will hate you, and will persecute you, and will turn you out of their synagogues.
26 Nevertheless, ye shall go forth from house to house, teaching the people; and I will go before you.
27 And your heavenly Father will provide for you, whatsoever things ye need for food, what ye shall eat; and for raiment, what ye shall wear or put on.

It's true.

- sister Corbett 
1. There's a chick-fil-a by district meeting ðŸ˜­
2. Our car got invaded!
3.bye sister foster
4. Bye Eden & minyards 
5. Sorella Epps & I





No comments:

Post a Comment