Monday, June 5, 2017

God answers EVERY PRAYER

Well I wrote this out once but then I almost sent it from the area email again....

But I got a lot of answers to my prayers this week. 

New missionary training brought a lot of those answers. One in particular was very obvious. I had been praying and Fasting a lot to know what we needed to do for our new converts so that they may stay strong and active! Especially for shiela becuase she has been struggling some. During the training president started asking me all these questions about Sheila and how she's doing and such and then asked me "what do you feel like you could do to help her?" I didn't know and I just said that and that I had been praying a lot for her but I wasn't sure what she needed! But then president just told me straight out as direct as an answer to a prayer can be "get her into family history work and bring your family history consultant to the next lesson you have with her." Okay thanks.

It was so great! We had an experience with another member that confirmed that answer and also let me know that we need to get ALL of our Converts involved! President talked a lot about how family history is the KEY before and after baptism to keep us focused on temple goals and excited about the gospel! It brings the plan of salvation and the Restoration and the gospel of Jesus Christ to be a real thing that we can work and focus on and it's just great. Why wouldn't you talk about the temple? 

Another prayer that got answered was during weekly planning. It started to rain a little and I just wanted it to rain hard. I love a good thunder storm and I don't know why I did it exactly but I said a little prayer that it would rain really hard. And it did! About 5 min later we even got a tornado warning from the zone leaders. Whaaaaaaaaaaaat. Haha God loves us and wants to bless us with little things and answer all our prayers. We just need to ask him for what it is we need!

I love praying and I love the gospel. It's so good. I know the church is true. I know God is real and he truly answers every prayer. A prayer is a prayer no matter how small. 

Love you all. Thanks for all you did for me this week. I felt all of your love and I really had a good birthday 😊

-Sister corbett

Pictures 
1.birthday party at district meeting this week. They brought party hats and everything!
2. They even made me birthday brownies!
3. Careful what you pray for... 
4. Sister Gray and I letting the Lord shower us with Heavenly blessings!
5. Baby Robbins outside of sister kibbons house! 
6. Cute sister gray 😊 in the BEAUTIFUL GREEN OF ILLINOIS







No comments:

Post a Comment