Sunday, June 11, 2017

WOW

This week had its ups and it's downs. But the best part was our lesson with Jose Luis. We taught him the restoration and Brother Navas came to help translate even though it took in an hour there and back he still wanted to be here for this lesson. I love brother navas. But we taught him the restoration and when we got to the first vision, we had Jose read the Joseph smith's account of the first vision. All he could say was wow! He said how he liked to hear his testimony and he could feel that it was true! Teaching him reminds me a lot of teaching juan. I love how it doesn't matter what language your speaking. The spirit is the same! The church is so true. JOSE SMITH IS A TRUE PROPHET.

it's true.


The hardest part of this week was when Kim dropped us. This was so hard for me. The hardest part of being a missionary is seeing people lose interest or not keep their commitments. I don't know if I've ever loved an investigator As much as I lived kim. A few weeks ago we saw her on preparation day when we were at the store and we just talked not like a missionary talks to an investigator but just as a friend talks to a friend. We don't know exactly what changed Kim's mind. But I know she will come around eventually! She will get baptized, I knew it the first time I met her! But Bishop Freedlund was talking to us about this and he told me to not worry- to continue being her friend and reaching out to her and Serve her. We're still friends even if she doesn't get baptized. I love her. I just wish more of the ward members got to know her. We got a referral for a man named Talha and I was telling Brother Jackson who is going to come with us to our first lesson about him about doing how prepared he is and he said "wow. Do not go over there with out a member." And it's true! Us as missionaries are rotated around and can't stay in our area to fellowship and be there as a constant friend for those we teach. We can not do this work with out the members help.  

But that's why I love Bourbonnais. It's not the strongest ward. With over 300 less active members and on average 30-50 that come to church every week there is a lot of work that needs to be done. But the members that are here are the strongest members. Each active member has on average 7 families they home/visit teach for. Like take sister Horchem for example she has her 7 and her husband has 7 too that she goes to see with him and then she's in the Relief Society presidency now and also feeds the missionaries at least once a month and comes out to help us with lessons too. She's retired so now the church is her job. 

And she loves it! Becuase the CHURCH IS TRUE.

I know it.

Also there are no coincidences. We saw Kim at the store 3 weeks ago. we saw Sheila last week and this week we saw Eden. God is just is letting me run into all my favorite people at the store just becuase he loves me. 

1. All our friends at the Bickford home. Aren't they beautiful?
2. Kankakee makes the BEST WINGS. no joke. 5 STAR WINGS. ☆☆☆☆☆
3. sister gray agrees.
4. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment