Sunday, January 1, 2017

Blessings on blessings on blessings on blessings

Merry Christmas Everyone!
Sister Madsen  and I had a super good week. It was crazy busy. We are super blessed.
The highlight of my week was meeting our New Investigator Karen. She was a refferal from some of the Rockford Elders. She is so sweet and when we called to see if we could meet her and teach her a lesson she not only said yes, she asked us if she could make us dinner too! So sweet.
She lived an hour away, so it was a pretty long drive and my mind started wandering some. I was thinking about how Freeport is just the most random little place. And of all the places in the world, how did I end up here? What if I was supposed to be somewhere else, but because of some mistake on my part I ended up here, when I was supposed to be somewhere else. It was crazy and irrational but I was worried about it. So I said a little prayer that I could know that this is where God needs me to be.
So anyway, we get to Karen's house, I saw her sitting on her couch with a brace on her leg. This was the exact same place I was in a year ago! I found out she had torn her ACL too! We were able to connect super easily and I just knew that this isn't some random chance that I am here on my mission now and that I am here serving in Freeport, Illionois. This is part of God's plan. He loves me and he loves the people here. So much.
I know God answers our prayers. Even those simple prayers that we just say in our heads or under our breath at a moment of need. He hears and he listens to you. I know it!
I am so grateful to be here at this time of year and to spend my Christmas with these wonderful people that I love so much.
Grateful I got to be with sister Madsen this week! I'm gonna miss her. She is going to be transfered to galesburg. And I will stay here In freeport. My new companion is sister Allred! I don't know anything about her but I am super excited and I think we are going to see a lot of success this upcoming transfer.
Love,
Sister Hannah Corbett
PICTURES - gunna miss this crazy Sista


No comments:

Post a Comment