Monday, March 26, 2018

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!!!!

I can't belive it's time for me to go home! I have LOVED being a missionary. It's been the BEST experience of my life. I wouldn't go back and change anything. I love the gospel and I am so thankful for all the people I have met here in Illinois. My dad sent me a poem and i don't know how to put all my feelings about going home Into words so I thought I would share it.
I stared out the window,
The tears still in my eyes,
I saw the friends and those I loved,
As we said our last goodbyes.
The ride was long and trying;
Two questions plagued my mind.
Do I want the life that's up ahead
Or the one I left behind?
1 1/2 years is such a long, long time,
For going door to door.
In my reflecting, I thought to myself—
There really must be more.
I dragged myself down off the plane
and stood smiling at the beach.
There a man turned to me,
Saying, "Sister, go and teach."
I sit reflecting once again
As this day is my last.
Please, Lord, this isn't fair,
The time goes way too fast!
I stared out the window,
The tears still in my eyes.
I see the elders and sisters and those I love,
As we say our last goodbyes.
The ride was long and trying;
Two questions plagued my mind.
Do I want the life that's up ahead
Or the one I left behind?

It seems like just yesterday my parents dropped me off at a curb at the MTC and I flew out to Illinois. It's gone by so FAST!
I know that there are better things ahead than we ever leave behind. I am so grateful for the solid foundation that the mission has given me. I know that Jesus Christ lives today and that he loves everyone more than we can comprehend. It is such a blessing to be able to spend 24/7 just focused on sharing that love with others. 
The church is true. We are SO BEYOND BLESSED to be apart of it. I love you all and I am so grateful for the support you have given me on my mission. Thank you! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Hannah Corbett








No comments:

Post a Comment