Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Put Your Should to the Wheel

I'm not sure what to write about this week. It's been super busy! 

For Faith week we met our goal to meet with an active member everyday and I think it's something I want to do for the reat of my mission. The closest we got to contacting 50 people a day was 27. But we tried. 

On Friday we got a call from our ward mission leader asking us to stop by someone with him. She is still in high school but has left her family. So a member of the bishopric asked us to help out and so we went to try and find where she was living and it took us a good 30 min because she lived right off a main road and it wasn't on any map. And it was dark. But we finally found her and our ward mission leader, brother corbridge, was able to give her some food and we gave her a Book of Mormon. Turns out she was a former investigator! But it was just cool to see how the the church was able to reach out to her as she was struggling and hopefully we will be able to teach her some too. 

I'm not sure if that last paragraph made complete sense but it was a cool experience.

We had to drop Ben and Sue because we just never got to meet with them again. Maybe they are just too busy and someday will be able to investigate more when they have more time. It was sad for me because they were just this perfect, golden family. I've thought a lot this week about the people I've taught and found. I love them a lot and even though most of them never got baptized I'm still grateful I got to meet them. Missions are the BEST and I think I'm just going to stay in Illinois forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment