Thursday, July 13, 2017

I Believe in CHRIST



So our mission is having a focus on Jesus Christ to lead up to a zone conference next month that is all on Jesus Christ. And really all of our teaching focuses and is centered on Jesus Christ but this past little while especially because we are studying the topical guide for and marking the references on Jesus Christ and also studying the living Christ to prepare and it has been a super good experience.Yesterday we taught gospel principles on the life of Christ. And I just felt the spirit so strong! It has been good to just focus on Christ and who he is and my relationship with him.

 I know that Christ LIVES and that this is his church. He our creator, our exemplar, and our redeemer and our BEST FRIEND. He loves us and everyone around us. I know that he knows exactly how we feel becuae he's been there.

Yesterday in gospel principles there was a question "in what ways can we show Christ that we love him?" and JIM said how we can be baptized! And it was super appropriate because Jim is getting baptized on Saturday. He has been the one of the elder's investigators for almost 2 years! As he said that I could just see how excited he was to get baptized and I could feel the love he had for his savior. And most of all jim just looked super happy.

"Having “good cheer” because of Christ’s atoning victory over death and hell—over temptation, tribulation, sin, suffering, sorrow, weaknesses, inadequacies, and all the effects of the Fall—is faith-inspired confidence in the future. Like knowing the end from the beginning, we can rest assured that God and goodness will ultimately prevail. That “good cheer” evokes “things will all work out” optimism." Brent L. Top

On my mission I've been happier than I've ever been! Even when it's hard and people are rude and maybe my companion is being grumpy that day or maybe someone dropped us but I am just super duper happy. And its because of JESUS CHRIST. I know that this message is one that makes us happy. 

Luke 2
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great JOY, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

It doesnt matter if I'm teaching someone who has been super successful and has life all figured out or if I'm teaching someone who is homeless or doesn't have a bed to sleep on. The happiest people are those who follow Jesus Christ!

Its true!



No comments:

Post a Comment