Tuesday, March 21, 2017

6 months as a missionary!

This past week I hit my 6 month mark. It is hard to belive I have already been out on my mission for 6 months. It has by far been the best experience of my entire life! I am so grateful I get this opportunity to serve. Realizing it was my 6 month mark and looking back on my mission I felt a little disappointed in myself. I see things I wish I would have done differently and times I wish I had worked harder or done something different. This time is so precious that we have here to do this work and I don't want to waste any of it. 

Yesterday as we were reading the book of Mormon with a recent convert we were reading mosiah chapter 4. I dont know exactly what kind benjamin was saying as he wrote this, but as i read the spirit taught me that even though I don't have all the qualities I see in other missionaries and desire. I need to be satisfied with the qualities and talents and gifts that the Lord has blessed me with. To say that I don't have anything to offer these people would be wrong because the Lord has blessed me in so many ways and I can and will be successful. I shouldn't covet even the different qualities and attributes of others but use what the Lord has blessed me with specifically because that is what these people need right now. They don't need anyone else but I have been called to this area of all people and the Lord will qualify me for this work. 

I love the book of Mormon. And so does this recent convert. Everytime we read it with her tears run down her face and the spirit fills the room. I love being a missionary!


ALSO Sister Jagielski and I get to stay companions for another 6 weeks here in Bourbonnais! We are so happy! I love sister Jagielski! she has taught me so much and we have so much fun together and we work so hard. What more could you ask for? Life is good!

-Sister Corbett 

No comments:

Post a Comment