Sunday, March 5, 2017

(no subject)

Hello friends and family!
This week was pretty fantastic! We got a new investigator, Shelia got baptized. And we have been blessed with some amazing weather. All good things!
We also got to have a lesson with Madi! It was really great because we texted her asking if we could come and I guess for the whole time sister Jagielski has been here she has never really responded but this week we texted her and she invited us over for dinner! She even told us that she wants to start having us over about once a week. It was great and it was clear that we were in the right place and the right time last week so we could reach out to her.
Sheila's baptism was beautiful. It is so cool to see the light the gospel has brought into her life. She was so HAPPY after the baptism. None of her family was able to make it but as she was leaving she was telling us about her plans to "work on" her daughter. When she was first found she was telling the sisters how lonely she felt. But now she not only has an amazing ward family but she is on her way to be with her family for eternity. My testimony on the importance of eternal families has grown a lot this week.
We also had dinner with the Navas family this week. Brother Navas is From Guatemala and he made us all try a Serrano pepper. I almost died it was so spicy. I have no idea how brother Navas ate at least 5 during dinner.
Our ward had thier primary program this week and one of the kids we are teaching who is part of this part-member family gave a talk on how he is preparing to be baptised. It was such a sweet talk. I went over to tell him a good job afterwards and he was talking to me about how he wanted to include the scripture we shared with him in our lesson but he forgot his book of mormon. Haha so sweet. We are going to ask them to be baptized on March 11th! (happy birthday dad!)
Well I hope you've all had a great week. I sure did. I've never been happier than I've been since I've been on my mission. I love my mission! I've gained a few pounds but it's worth it. Haha!
Pictures!
-we saw the cutest water tower. And don't miss the man pulling his family in his lawn mower down the street. Gotta love Illinois ❤
-We found Dwight...
-Us and one of Madi's babies! She's pretty adorable.






No comments:

Post a Comment