Monday, December 19, 2016

WEEK 10?! what? that can't be right?

Well I didn't really know what to write this week because we didn't have as much success this week as I would have liked. Some weeks are a little rough but oh how I love being a missionary. It is worth any bad day or week to be a missionary. 

There is this member that is always a little grumpy and he told us our investigators weren't good and we should just find all new investigators. It really hurt because I have been spending all my time and effort on helping these people progress the past 10 weeks! I didn't know what to think. But I remembered the focus scripture that we had when I first got here. Alma 16:16and how we should be liberal to ALL. I know that God put me in these people's path for a reason. I am willing to do whatever God asks me to because I know he loves all of us and EVERYONE needs to hear the gospel. 

So lately I just want to share the gospel with EVERYONE because I know now more than I ever did before that they all need it. I want to be so eager to share that I could just walk up to literally anyone and share with them a quick message about the gospel. I thought that would be second nature as soon as I became a missionary but It's going to take practice, but I will get there with God's help!

 I am eager to get out and work this week. I do believe that Sister Madsen and I were supposed to teach and help these people in any way that we can. We may end up dropping someone this week but that doesn't mean we wasted our time. I am grateful for this grumpy member because now I am even more committed to share this message with everyone I see!!

And the cool part is that even though we were having a little bit of a down week there were still so many tender mercies. Right after we talked with this member we were driving and there were the prettiest snowflakes and I knew that God was proud of us and that we were doing our best and the right things. It's crazy how I got that message from snowflakes but I did. Tender Mercies are real.

Well I hope everyone is doing good and I hope you all know that I love you so much. :) 

-LOVE
Sister Hannah Corbett

PICTURE --- we were trying to watch stake conference but it never worked so we sat there for an hour waiting for them to fix it and writing down notes whenever we heard something. Luckily we got to sit behind the cutest little boys. Like I said and pretty much say in my letter every week. Tender Mercies are EVERYWHERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment