Monday, February 5, 2018

Corbett + Steiner = Corner

Well I do my best to try and update you all on some things that have been happening down here in the Morton ward!!

So sister Steiner is my trainee and she is fantastic! I love her a lot. She is just who I need right now. I am super impressed with her an all she knows and does. She has such a strong love for the gospel. 

We don't have any progressing investigators right now since we dropped guy. We have met quite a few people on the streets though thay may have some promise. We were out contacting one day and ended up handing out 5 Book of Mormons in one day! Sister Steiner was able to hand out her first Book of Mormon all by herself that night and it was great. I love being able to relive all thes things that have become not as exciting anymore as I've been training. I just love the new missionary spirit everything is so exciting. We ended up running into this preacher man who had like a PhD in religious studies. He talked with us and we had a pretty good conversation. He ended it and told us we weren't going to heaven... But he said it in a very nice way... It was odd.

We also met a woman named Daisy and she is just the sweetest woman. We stopped by again and met her mom sue and she was determined to make us a drink so we told her we could have HERBAL tea. She was so funny I don't even know how describe this family to you. But we were teaching sue about prophets right as they were announcing  President Nelson to be the new prophet and I just felt the spirit so strong. I am so used to telling people our prophets name is Thomas S. Monson. But as I told Sue our prophets name was Russel M. Nelson I was just overcome with the spirit. 

We also had a super special lesson with a woman in Metamora. We had tried several times to confirm with her but she never got back to us... so I wasn't sure if we should try driving all the way to Metamora when we needed to be in Morton for a church tour not that much longer. But we went because God didn't tell us not to go. When we got there she was home, and let us in. And the man who We were going to have a church tour with never showed up. So it all worked out! We talked with her about the Book of Mormon and she showed us a Book of Mormon study guide she has bought. She said she bought it because her daughter who is living in Arizona is active and she knows she will want to go to the temple to be married and she hopes she can be there. So she wants to try and make it back to the temple! It was amazing. She didn't want to set up our next appointment until February, but she came to church yesterday! 

So, the church is true. I have no doubt about it!



Sister Hannah Corbett 



No comments:

Post a Comment